As part of the Pastor Search Comittee I welcome everyone’s comments on what we should be looking for in a pastor. We already have a few candidates who are interested and we will hopefully be bringing them to speak in the near future but here’s my list of what is super important
- Ability to work with others and train other Christian leaders. This is big thing for me cuz Christian leaders are not islands. We need to work as a team and too many pastors fly solo.
- Track record of church/ministry growth. Resumes and essays are impressive but nothing speaks louder than the praise of other pastors/leaders that they have worked with
- Character- I would be very interested to know if the pastor candidate has close non-Christian friends and what they think of his character. Does he reflect Christ through his life?
- Theology and ability to teach- Don’t tell me what your doctrines are but show me how you came to that conclusion and what impact it has on Christian life
- VISION- What do you want to see in 5 -10 years. How do we get there? How will you measure your goals?
I want to put this out there so that everyone can keep me accountable to this list and challenge me to consider other areas I haven’t considered. I took on a position in the search comittee to serve you guys so plz let me kno how I can do my job better.