So I have a friend who…
- believes that being a Christian means God will make your life easier in this world
- God is a faithful father and will never let his kids wear rags
- attending church and donating money guarantees God will give u back twofold what you gave!
- the best part of the Gospel is that God died becuz ur important and he can’t live without you
- if you think positive, then good things will happen to u
If you believe any of those statements then u might be one of those who believe in the prosperity Gospel.
- 2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4)
- And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.”
- You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.
- 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished (Romans 3:23-25)
- 3 This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place. 4 Do not trust in deceptive words and say, “This is the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD!” (Jer. 7:3-5) Do not trust in positive thinking!